Are you a technician or an engineer who wants to take your career to the next level? Are you considering getting professional registration to enhance your professional credibility and career prospects? If so, then the Route to Professional Registration Forum is a must-attend event for you.
Organised by the University of Southampton Malaysia IET On Campus, the Route to Professional Registration Forum is a premier event designed to guide technicians and engineers through the professional registration process.
Meet The Distinguished Panelists
The Route to Professional Registration Forum will feature a panel of distinguished experts in engineering and technology, who will provide valuable insights and guidance on achieving professional registration. The panel will be moderated by a seasoned young professional with extensive experience. Let’s meet our panelists and moderator:
- EUR ING Ir. Victor Nagesparan a highly experienced manager in the telecommunications industry with 20 years of experience across various segments turned Assistant Professor at UCSI University in Kuala Lumpur. He volunteers his time as an International Professional Registration Advisor (IPRA) with the IET and and actively involved in Engineering Program Accreditation and the Board of Engineers Malaysia. Currently, he is pursuing a PhD at UKM.
- Daniel Vong, an entrepreneur in the assistive technology industry, with a focus on developing innovative solutions for individuals with disabilities. He is an IPRA with the IET and an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) registered with the Engineering Council. A Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Dr. Grace Chai, holds a PhD in Semiconductor Physics and is now an experimental optoelectronics material physicist, with more than 10 years of experience working with experimental and theoretical physicists around the world on her project. A Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a member of IET. Lecturer at University of Southampton Malaysia Campus in 2015. She is also an IET Malaysia LN Southern Region representative since year 2018.
Moderator: Dr Ivan Ling, holds a PhD from the University of Southampton, where he studied the growth of nanocrystalline graphene and graphite on silicon dioxide for use in environmental sensors. Prior to that, he was a research engineer at Swinburne University of Technology specialising in Linux-based CCTV servers. He has a Bachelor’s degree from Swinburne with First Class Honours and has received several awards including the Sarawak Energy Industrial Award and the Anugerah Belia Inovasi by the State Government of Sarawak. He is also an alumnus of the AXIATA Young CEO Development Program. He is the Chairperson of IET Young Professionals Section (YPS) Malaysia 2021/23.
The benefits of attending this Route to Professional Registration Forum
- Gain Valuable Insights: Attending the Route to Professional Registration Forum will give you an opportunity to learn about the latest developments in engineering, gain insights into the registration process, and learn from experienced technicians and engineers who have successfully achieved professional registration.
- Network with Peers: The forum provides a great opportunity to meet and network with fellow technicians and engineers from a wide range of industries, exchange ideas, and learn from one another. You’ll have the chance to ask questions, share experiences, and discuss the latest trends in engineering.
- Access to Experts: The forum features presentations and talks by experts from academia, industry, and other organisations. You’ll have the opportunity to ask them questions, get advice, and benefit from their extensive experience and expertise.
- Boost your Career: Achieving professional registration is a significant milestone in a technician’s or an engineer’s career. It demonstrates your competence, knowledge, and commitment to your profession. Attending the Route to Professional Registration Forum will help you understand the requirements, get guidance on how to prepare, and give you the confidence you need to apply for registration from International Professional Registration Advisors (IPRA) who volunteers with the IET.
- Show Your Commitment: Attending the forum shows your commitment to your profession and your desire to take your career to the next level. It demonstrates to your employer, colleagues, and clients that you are serious about your profession and are willing to invest time and effort to achieve your goals.
In conclusion, attending the Route to Professional Registration Forum is an excellent way to gain valuable insights, network with peers, access experts, boost your career, and show your commitment to your profession. Don’t miss this opportunity to take your engineering career to the next level. Register for the forum today!
Till next time.
Check out our other blog post on how to pick the correct length of a white cane for a blind person.
Announcement of event first posted on IET’s event microsite.
About The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
The IET is on a mission to inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world. As a diverse home across engineering and technology, the IET shares knowledge that helps make better sense of the world in order to solve the challenges that matter. Further information is available at www.theiet.org.